These Vegan Mega-Burritos are stuffed with a sweet potato, cauliflower, and walnut taco meat filling, plus the usual suspects of avocado, salsa, and a heavy thwap of vegan cashew queso! Versatile, quick to make, it takes only 15 minutes and seriously SO GOOD.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower walnut taco meat
- 1/2 cup water
- mashed avocado
- large flour tortillas
- vegan queso, or cheese (if you’re not all-out vegan)
- Filling: Start with your sweet potatoes in a skillet with a swish of oil and salt. Saute until fork-tender. Add prepared cauliflower walnut taco meat and just enough water to get it looking nice and saucy and taco-meaty.
- Assemble: Stuff a flour tortilla with mashed avocado, cauliflower walnut filling, salsa, cilantro, and queso or cheese. Roll, wrap, fry in a skillet… whatever suits your fancy. The Mega-Burrito says YOU DO YOU!
If you use a sweet potato, chop it up small so the pieces cook faster! You don’t have to use sweet potatoes. Try carrots, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, you name it! The cauliflower walnut meat would be good as a filling in and of itself, so if you’re really in a rush, you don’t have to add the sweet potatoes or any other veggies for that matter. I just like to add veggies to bulk it up and add some extra nutrition.
These look delicious! I The vegan queso is easy and awesome, and so is the cauliflower meat. Can’t wait to try it with the addition of sweet potato!
- Miami Food Network -
I’m going to let you in on a secret, which is that sometimes I just throw whatever random veggies I have in a skillet with that frozen cauliflower walnut taco meat (carrots? peppers? spinach?). Also, sometimes a few eggs. It just depends on what I have or what I’m feeling in the moment.
And my second secret is that even though we’re packing all of this into an already-carb-solid flour tortilla, I do not get mad if there is a little extra carb-action in the form of white or brown rice in there, too.