This Taco Pasta Salad is a family favorite! This pasta salad recipe is perfect for BBQs, potlucks and big family gatherings! It has a secret ingredient that stops everyone in their tracks!
Taco Pasta Salad
TACO PASTA SALAD
- 1 pound beef cooked and drained
- 1 pound rotini cooked and drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 oz or 3 TBSPs taco seasoning
- 1 green pepper diced small
- 1 small yellow onion diced small
- 1 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups French dressing
- 9 3/4 oz bag Nacho Doritos crushed
- Stir together the beef and the taco seasoning.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the beef, noodles, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.
- Mix in the French dressing until everything is well coated. Then stir in the chips. Enjoy right away.
You can make it ahead of time, but just wait to add the dressing and chips until right before you serve it otherwise the chips and the lettuce will get all soggy and weird.
Made this tonight I usually make Taco salad but the kids and I decided to try this. They couldn’t shovel it in fast enough and had several servings. Even my 12 yr old who I have to almost obliterate onions and peppers to sneak in something loved it. Thank you for sharing the recipe !
- Miami Food Network -
The secret ingredient to this, if you can believe it, is French dressing. I know that sounds super totally weird, but it is all the exact right flavor combos.