These 2 ingredients Strawberry Brownies are perfect for strawberry season! Made with cake mix and fresh strawberries, they are dense and chewy with a light strawberry glaze.
The texture of these Strawberry Brownies is perfectly dense, chewy and fudgy, just like your favorite chocolate brownies, but with a fun summertime twist!
Most Strawberry Brownies are made with strawberry cake mix. Since it is strawberry season, I really wanted to come up with a way to incorporate fresh strawberry flavor.
The strawberry puree adds the most perfect authentic strawberry flavor to these bars. I’ll never make them any other way!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries washed and chopped
- 1 16oz vanilla cake mix, no pudding added
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9" pan with parchment paper (optional, but will ensure the brownies remove easily!). Lightly grease the parchment paper or pan.
- Puree strawberries and strain to remove any seeds.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and 3/4 cup strawberry puree -- you can use a sturdy spoon or an electric mixer. The batter will be thick, almost like cookie dough. This is what you want!
- Spread batter into pan using a greased spatula or press it in with your hands.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, until set through the middle with no jiggles.
- Let cool to room temperature on the counter.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk and pour over brownies. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before slicing and serving (optional, but recommended for clean slices!)
It looks delicious!
- Miami Food Network -
More ways to make these Strawberry Brownies:
- Add in some fresh chopped strawberries for extra strawberry flavor!
- Use chocolate cake mix for strawberry chocolate brownies
- Swap the strawberry glaze for a simple cream cheese frosting
- Make a strawberry sundae with strawberry brownies, vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries.
- Swirl some strawberry jam in the top of your brownies before baking for an extra punch of strawberry flavor!