Steak Kabobs make the perfect delicious dinner for grilling season. The steak marinade makes the meat melt in your mouth.
These Steak Kabobs are going to become a go to recipe for your family in summer. The marinade is easy to throw together and makes for the most perfect and tender meat.
- 2 pound top sirloin cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into square pieces
- 2 red bell pepper cut into square pieces
- 2 yellow squash sliced into 1/4 inch pieces (look for one that is uniform in width from tip to end)
Steak Kabob Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic micned
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour the marinade over the cubed sirloin. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
Preheat your grill to medium heat.
After the meat has marniated, put together the skewers by adding meat, then the vegetables, then another piece of meat to the skewer. Repeat until the skewer is full. You can see in the photos I did about 5 pieces of meat, and four sets of vegetables for each skewer to make 10 skewers.
Place the skewers on the grill and grill for 6 minutes on each side. It works best to use metal tongs to flip the skewers.
Serve and enjoy!
Great recipe. Thank you!
- Miami Food Network -
How Long to Marinate Steak
I love marinating meat because you can elevate the flavor of a recipe so easily. Marinating shouldn’t be a week long process though. Too long in a marinade and the meat will end up being an unappetizing texture.
What Type of Steak to Use for Kabobs
I like using Top Sirloin for kabobs for a few reasons:
- It is a leaner cut of meat, which makes it easier to skewer.
- This cut of meat picks up marinades very well.
- Finally, it is a juicy and flavorful cut of beef, so it works perfectly as the star of the show.