Tasty Mexican inspired Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with black beans are filling and ultra nutritious for an easy dinner any night of the week – great for meal prep too!
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (VEGAN + EASY)
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
This recipe comes along easily and is ready to serve in about 45 minutes from start to finish.
These easy vegan stuffed peppers are:
- an easy vegan weeknight dinner
- loaded with mega flavor
- low-fat & oil free
- gluten gree
- great for meal prep
- & so delicious!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- good pinch pink salt
- 1 can (14 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pico de gallo, plus more as needed
- 6 medium bell peppers, use your favorite color/s
- cilantro, to serve
- avocado, to serve
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Assemble: Place peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Fill each half with quinoa. Place sheet in oven on middle rack and bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers are just al dente and nearly soft.
Serve with sliced avocado and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Serves 6 – 1 bell pepper per person
Amazing recipe and simple. Will surprise my husband today he loves quinoa. Thank you!
- Miami Food Network -
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerator: Store leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight container for up to 4 – 5 days in the refrigerator. These peppers are great to make ahead for meal prep!
- Freezer: Stuffed peppers can be stored in the freezer, in a freezer safe container or wrapped, for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, bake them straight from frozen at 350 degrees until they are thawed and warmed through, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Reheat: Warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes, until warmed through. Alternatively, reheat thawed stuffed peppers in the microwave using 30 – 60 second intervals, until warmed through.