Keto Skillet Lasagna is a hearty and delicious low-carb dinner recipe loaded with the traditional Italian flavors. All the goodness of the classic meal comes together in just 30 minutes, without the carb heavy pasta!
Keto Skillet Lasagna
Keto Skillet Lasagna
When I first came across this Keto Skillet Lasagna, I knew I had to try it! I know I’m not the only one who loves a good old slice of Classic Lasagna. What’s not to love? Layers of pasta are filled with a hearty mix of ground beef in a tomato sauce with an over abundance of cheese. The only downfall to traditional Lasagna is the time it takes to make…and all the carbs!
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- ¼ c. diced celery
- ¼ c. diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ c. low-sugar marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- For the meat layer: Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, while you make the cheese layer.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, the Parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, garlic power, and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the cheese is hot and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Broil lasagna until top is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Toss in a side of some broccoli or green beans and you have the perfect meal to pack for lunch or reheat for a hectic dinner!
I made this for dinner yesterday and it was a TOTAL HIT! Amazing is an understatement! My husband & I are enjoying it for lunch today!
- Miami Food Network -