This Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe is equally delicious and versatile. Eat it on it’s own, or layer it in a trifle or cake…it’s a creamy no bake mousse that you will love!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
Easy Chocolate Mousse
So today I am posting a recipe that I have been on the search of for AGES! Easy Chocolate Mousse!
I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked. I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears. Nope, not dramatic at all. So today I’m sharing all the steps to get a perfectly creamy, thick but not too thick chocolate mousse that you will LOVE!
How Do You Make Chocolate Mousse?
This Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe has a few steps…but trust me none are hard at all…AND like I said before this is a great recipe to use, it’s stable enough to layer between cakes, or even stand on its own.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 cup semi-sweet chips)
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar with your mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until just hot, not boiling. With mixer on low pour the hot cream into the egg mixture slowly until combined.
- Next, add the egg/cream mixture back into the saucepan and over low heat, stir for five minutes constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is completely chilled and firm use your whisk attachment on your stand mixer to whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Remove chocolate from fridge and using the paddle attachment or a spoon fold/stir the whipped cream into the chocolate until incorporated and smooth. I found using the paddle attachment on low speed worked best.
- Serve immediately as-is, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Perfect served alone or as a cake filling, cupcake topping, or layered dessert filling
Such a great recipe. This mousse is so easy to make and it turned out delicious!! It’s not overwhelmingly rich and chocolatey enough 🙂
- Miami Food Network -