Classic Chicken Salad is the type of recipe every household loves. This Chicken Salad recipe is simple; loaded with chunks of chicken, grapes, herbs, and a creamy base. The best Summer recipe!
Classic Chicken Salad
Classic Chicken Salad
Whether your plans involve chilling in the backyard grilling with your friends and family, or a chill weekend at home, you’re going to want this Classic Chicken Salad to come along for the ride.
This easy recipe is bursting with flavor as you’ve never seen before in your run of the mill chicken salad. Full grapes, dijon mustard, and an array of spices this dish makes for a never fail crowd pleaser. Don’t think you need to just take my word for it. Try it out yourself now!
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat meat from rotisserie chicken works well
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 cups grapes halved or quartered (depending how large)Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Fresh lettuce
Mix all ingredients, in a large bowl, until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve on croissants or toasted sandwich buns.
You can’t go wrong with a classic chicken salad!
- Miami Food Network -
Classic chicken salad is one of my all-time favorite summer party dishes and its one that often gets forgotten. We all love to jump to making macaroni salad and pasta salad, but what about chicken salad?
I think it’s time we bring this fun and easy summer party staple back to the top. So, the next time you have a party to host or attend, make sure this chicken salad recipe is on your list!
It’s easy to make a little or a lot with this recipe, so no matter the party size, you’ll always have enough for everyone!
The Best Ways To Eat A Classic Chicken Salad
There’s really no wrong way to eat chicken salad. With a recipe this good, you could eat it almost any way and it will still be amazing! With that being said, there are a few clear front runners when it comes to how to eat chicken salad.
- As a sandwich: Grab your favorite bread, I highly suggest a good croissant, some lettuce, and tomato and you have a quick and simple lunch. Just whip up some Sweet Potato Chips and a Southern Sweet Tea, and you’ll be good to go!
- With crackers: If you aren’t feeling hungry enough to make this into a full-fledged sandwich, then I have just the solution for you. Scoop some onto a few crackers for a quick little mid-day snack. I love eating it with the everything ritz crackers, they’re really a game changer as far as crackers go.
- Right out of the bowl: This is where the no shame game comes in. I’ll be honest, I sometimes just eat this right out of the bowl with a fork. I’m not even afraid to admit because it’s just that good. So if you’re really just craving chicken salad and have nothing to put it on, just grab your fork and dig in.