Baked King Crab - King crab is everyone's favorite crustacean and this king crab recipe is baked with Sriracha lemon butter. The crab legs are so delicious!
Baked King Crab
Baked King Crab
It’s super easy to make crab legs at home. Most of them are sold as crab legs; they are all pre-cooked and frozen. All you need is a simple recipe that enhances the natural flavors of the crab. Most people will boil or steam them, and served with melted butter.
To me, boiling or steaming is not the best way to cook king crab because it dilutes the natural, sweet and briny flavors of the crab.
Baking in the oven at high heat brings out mouthwatering aroma of the crab. It also roast the crab meat, remove the extra water content in the frozen crab.
- 2 lbs king crab legs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature and softened
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 dashes smoked paprika and more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and/or chives
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the king crab legs into shorter segments using a pair of scissors. Cut the crab leg segments lengthwise to expose the crab meat. Alternatively, you can also cut the top part of the shell to expose the crab meat.
- Arrange the king crab legs in a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. In the meantime, make the Sriracha Lemon Butter by whipping the softened butter with a whisk. Add the Sriracha, lemon juice and sugar, whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- As soon as the crab is out of the oven, spoon the butter over the crab meat. Dust with more smoked paprika and garnish with chopped parsley and/or chives. Serve immediately.
That looks so yammi, going to make it on weekends. Thank you!
- Miami Food Network -
COOK’S TIPS FOR ALASKAN KING CRAB
- Frozen crabs are always salty so avoid using salt while cooking, boiling, steaming or baking the crab legs.
- Cut or chop the king crab legs into shorter pieces. This makes them easier to eat. The shorter segments are also great for dinner parties.
- For the best oven baked flavors, use a pair of scissors to cut open the top part of the shell as pictured above. This will expose the crab meat for oven roasting. It also allows the butter to sip inside the crab legs.
Snow Crab vs. King Crab
- Both crabs are popular crustacean with sweet and delightful leg meat but there are distinct differences between the two species.
- Snow crab is much smaller compared to king crab. Snow crab legs have a smooth and softer shell while the latter has a thicker and spiky shell.
- You don’t really need a cracking tool to crack open the shells of snow crab as you can snap them open using your hands. Snow crab is also cheaper and less expensive.